Saturday, March 13, 2010

The green room






Isaac has been wanting to paint his room green for as long as I can remember. We finally agreed to to it. We took him to Home Depot and Matt very patiently waited for an hour while Isaac chose his color. It was lot's of samples and narrowing down but in the end he chose "dusty olive." It was really not what I expected him to choose. I thought for sure he would go for bright Kermit the frog green. It is a very earthy natural color and turned out really nice. Matt did almost all the work with puttying ALL the dents and dings at least three times and washing the walls at least three times and taping and laying of the plastic, and the painting. I did help a little bit with the painting but mostly I just made an idiot of myself. I was standing on Isaac's window seat after all the tape and plastic had come off. There was a small spot that was missed inside his window seat so I stood up there to get it. However, when I went to get down I realized that Matt had taken all the heater vents off to wash and paint them. Just as I stepped down I realized I was going in a hole! I tried overcompensating and fell in the opposite direction landing on my knee. It hurt really bad for a few days but hey, I saved the brush from hitting the carpet. Go me!

1 comment: