Saturday, April 11, 2009

Why I'm not going to win any mother of the year awards

This is something that actually happened May 10th, 2007. I wrote it down and came acrossed it the other day. I figure we all need a great laugh now and then so here it is as I wrote it two years ago: Last night after I put Caden to bed, I had to go upstairs for something. I noticed him smacking his lips so I asked him what he was eating. He said chapstick. I said "Caden, are you kidding me?" Why are you eating chapstick. He said "I don't know, because I like it." I told him that could make him sick. Now I'm going to have to take you to the emergency room. Hurry up and get dressed. He hurried and ran down the hall to get his clothes on and starts crying - hysterically. I stopped him to ask why he was crying so hard. He'd been to the hospital lots of times and why was he freaking out? Still sobbing he said "I've done this before and never gotten sick." I was trying so hard not to laugh. He didn't have anything on but his unders at this time. I said "Caden, you have done that before (sigh) that is why your belly button looks like that!" (he has an outie) He looked down at his belly button and then back at me and started crying even harder. I stopped him and told him I was totally just kidding and that I didn't mean to upset him and to quit eating chapstick or I won't buy him anymore. He said ok and wandered back to bed. Who knew? I just thought I would get the usual Nu-uh. I guess you never know what kids will believe. Hope that put a smile on your face!

1 comment:

  1. Laura, you are so funny. I've heard you tell that story before and it made me laugh just has hard this time too. Teaching your children how to laugh at themselves and take a joke is definitely something a good mom does so don't fret! Just don't do it again ;)!! (tee hee)

    ReplyDelete