Sunday, January 31, 2010

It's been 10 whole years!



On January 19th, Caden turned 10 years old! I cannot believe how fast those years went by. I can still remember shortly after delivering him and being so emotional trying to figure our how to be a mom for the first time. I actually remember thinking "I am stuck taking care of this kid for the next 18 plus years" I was freaking out. Maybe at the time all I could think about was the crying and the neediness and not knowing how I was going to be able to do it. And then the maternity leave was over and I was crying again only this time thinking "how am I ever going to be able to leave this sweet baby with someone else to care for?" It's amazing how quickly you are able to adapt. I only wish that I could remember every little detail of these last ten years. So much has happened and all I want now is for my kids to stay little. Ironically it scares the crap out of me to think that they are growing up and I WON'T be able to take care of them forever. Right now I don't want any more kids, but I don't want mine to grow up either. I want to keep them just how they are right now and protect them and love them and always have them in my home and in my care. Isaac start's school this fall and I am DREADING that first day of kindergarten already. I don't know how I am ever going to handle it when they leave home. Let's not think about right now...

No comments:

Post a Comment